Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Inspired by James Earl

I got James' reflective vest a week or so ago. The night I got it, after mailing out his reply, I started working on an Assemblage. That's a bunch of 2D and sometimes 3-D material reconfigured into a cohesive art piece.
In all fairness, I haven't worked seriously on anything let alone sculpture, installation or, assemblage art since 2003. I switched mediums and interest. I took time off school and out of the studio, came back with my Mrs. Indifferent and Lazypants on! Etc. I struggled for a long while getting anything done and most it wasn't very inspired. It happens!
Last year in Tom Askman's, Alternative Media class, I began working seriously on an installation piece involving video/sound/light and a performance element. I've put off finishing it because I needed a place to install it! At this point that might end up being my own house but that's OK! My house might also be the place this Assemblage piece gets put!
The day I got James' vest, I began thinking 3-D again! I am apparently creating some sort of large Assemblage piece now with no idea of what, why's & where goes of it! This portion of it. So you can see it the entire piece as it comes along as this is the beginning! It's far from finished.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment