Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Thank you all!

Today I received an abundance of highly creative projects! I know most of the students in this class are not studio art majors and that can be a bit intimidating when your sending your creation to a studio artist. However, I cannot say how wonderful it is that most (if not all) the students taking part in this project to date, have put a great deal of effort into their projects.
I got up today, got my coffee in me and, was just thinking about cleaning my house- I just moved and I'm still unpacking- when my husband cheerfully handed me a stack of mail! I look really forward to this part of my day- sandwiched in-between morning chores and my studio time.
As I open each one, I get a little "spark"- that resulted recently in an over-nighter studio session because I got working back in Assemblage and a Sculpture which I haven't touched in years! So thank you for that! I have also managed to get nearly three paintings finished! I'm great at starting them but the finishing bit...not so much! Like many college students, I find self-structure challenging when there are other things I "ought" to be doing!
The Mail Art project is challenging and fun! So thank you all!
I'll post pictures soon of what I'm working on aside from this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment